Bibendum Burgundy Tasting (6pm - 8.30pm)
Date: 14 January 2009
Venue: Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
Tickets: £30 for one, £50 for two
The biggest and best Burgundy tasting in town is back on Wednesday, January 14th 2009. Aided and abetted by some of the finest growers in the world, Bibendum will once again be taking over RIBA to bring you some of the finest Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays known to man.
We'll be showing over 60 wines from the new 2007 vintage as well as stellar examples of the two Burgundian grapes from around the world. Look out for the likes of Calera, Stonier, Marchand and Burch & Newton Johnson.
Here's Jancis Robinson on the 2007 vintage in Burgundy:
"It's a gentler, possibly earlier-maturing vintage than 2006 and while it is much lighter and less concentrated than 2005, it really is a handsome communicator of terroir with some beautifully precise and transparent wines. A vintage for Burgundy drinkers, then, seeking something rewarding and true to drink while waiting for the 2005s to open up again, rather than for investors." www.jancisrobinson.com
And here's Neal Martin on www.erobertparker.com:
"2007 is an interesting vintage, an "upside down" one as one grower described it with a very warm spring then a cool August, saved by a clement September. So far, the wines have been impressive in terms of vibrant acidity and purity of fruit, with some magical whites."
Which Burgundy Domaines can you taste?
- William Fevre (Chablis)
- Laroche (Chablis)
- Maume (Gevrey-Chambertin)
- Denis Mortet (Gevrey-Chambertin)
- Hudelot-Noellat (Vougeot)
- Ghislaine Barthod (Chambolle-Musigny)
- Dominique Mugneret (Vosne-Romanee)
- Robert Arnoux (Vosne-Romanee)
- Jean Grivot (Vosne-Romanee)
- Jean Chauvenet (Nuits St George)
- Nicolas Potel (Nuits St-George)
- Nicolas Rossignol (Volnay)
- Remi Rollin (Pernand-Vergelesses)
- Tollot-Beaut (Chorey-les-Beaune)
- Francois Jobard (Meursault)
- Thierry Matrot (Meursault)
- Jean-Marc Boillot (Puligny-Montrachet)
- Morey-Coffinet (Chassagne-Montrachet)
- Fontaine-Gagnard (Chassagne-Montrachet)
- Marc Colin (St Aubin)
Not a bad line-up!
The tasting opens at 6pm and will close at 8.30pm
For more information or to book:
020 7449 4120
Terms and conditions
Bibendum reserves the right to cancel any event due to unforseen circumstances, in which case the full ticket value will be refunded. Bookings will be confirmed prior to the event. Bibendum regrets that tickets are non-refundable unless cancelled at least two weeks prior to the event. Every effort will be made to re-sell cancelled tickets until that time, though any refund will be subject to a 10% admin charge. We reserve the right to refuse entry. E & OE.